Program Information for Mother’s Day Out
Mosaic Academy, Mother’s Day Out (MDO) is a two or three day-a-week program for children ages eighteen months through four years. Our curriculum incorporates preschool academic skills and biblical principles in an environment that facilitates spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and social growth.
Mother’s Day Out Tuition and Enrollment
Mother’s Day Out Policies
We recognize that all children develop differently, thus, we present academic skills to all the children in a fun and relaxed atmosphere that encourages a love for God and a passion for learning. All of the MAMDO classes offer age-appropriate, hands-on activities that promote developmental skills. At the pre-kindergarten level, we encourage pre-reading and pre-writing activities to help young children develop the basic skills necessary to begin learning to read and write.
- Bible Stories: told daily in class
- Dramatic Play: home living center, dolls, dress-up, puppets, blocks, transportation toys, and outdoor play
- Creative Arts: painting, coloring, pasting, cutting, and modeling with clay
- Health and Safety: basic health practices, safety, and nutrition
- Music: singing, action rhythm movement, music appreciation, rhythm band instruments, and exercise
- Language Arts: stories, finger plays, poetry, nursery rhymes
- Pre-reading Activities: sequencing events, reading to children, labeling objects in the environment
- Pre-writing Activities: tracing, coloring, dictating stories
- Number Readiness: recognizing geometric shapes, concepts of sorting, and comparison
- Science and Nature: nature study and seasonal experiences concerning God’s world
- Physical Fitness: free play, large motor development with opportunity for running, climbing and creativity, games in organized and supervised play; both indoors and outdoors
Attendance and Illness Policy
There is no refund or reduction in tuition due to illness. For the protection of other children, any child who is ill or appears to be ill cannot be accepted in a class. Our guidelines are based on recommendations from the Committee on Control of Infectious Disease of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
A child should not be brought to school if any of the following exists:
- Fever (must be fever free without the assistance of medicine for 24 hours)
- Vomiting &/or Diarrhea (must be free for 24 hours)
- Any symptoms of the usual childhood diseases
- Common cold
- Any unexplained Rash
- Any skin infections: boils, ringworm, head lice, etc.
- Pink eye and other eye infections
*Teachers cannot administer medications of any kind.
Arrival and Departure Procedures
Children are to arrive no earlier than 9:00 a.m., and should be picked up promptly at 2:00 p.m. Your child will only be released to authorized persons listed on the enrollment sheet.
*Extended Care is available from 2:00-3:30 each school day for an additional fee.
- Discipline: Re-direction and reminders of the principles of kindness and respect is the first level of correction we employ. We do not engage in any corporal punishment of any child.
- Lunch: Please send a lunch with food and drink that can be stored and eaten at room temperature.
- Rest Time: All preschoolers will have a rest time after lunch. They are not required to sleep, but quiet time on a rest mat is a positive time to re-set and prepare for afternoon activities.
- Toys: Toys from home are allowed for show and tell.
- Nondiscrimination Policy Notice: MAMDO admits children of any race, color, national or ethnic origin. We do not discriminate in administration policies or financial practices.